Engaging disengaged employees is critical for a business’ success and growth. Disengaged employees are not only less productive but also a huge threat to the growth of the business itself.
If your business fails to engage employees then you’ll be losing out to your competitors that keep employees engaged, happy and motivated. Well, let’s get started with employee engagement challenges and tips to keep your employees hooked to the business.
Top employee engagement challenges for businesses
Ask these 6 brutally honest questions to yourself if want to understand whether your business is engaging the employees better or not!
- What and who are your employees engaged with?
- How do you communicate successes, challenges and updates across the organization?
- Are your employees adapting to new opportunities and aligning with business objectives?
- How do you know when you are motivating your employees and others?
- Are your employees the most efficient and effective they can be?
- What’s right for your organization when it comes to employee engagement?
By now you’d have arrived at some sort of consensus.
So, are your employees really engaged?
You can come up with two answers:
(1) YES – that’s great news for your business growth, and
(2) NO – you don’t have to worry as this post is exclusively for you and will guide you with practical insights.
You can approach the challenge by enabling your employees to engage with your business in two ways.
- Work out your own strategy to engage with employees, or
- Keep an eye on competitors and find out what they are doing differently to engage with their employees for assured growth.
If you choose the latter, then you might find that the top brands have one thing in common today that bridges the gap between employees and their businesses.
It is chatbots.
Chatbots? Can they stand up to the purpose?
Yes! Say the industry experts.
According to several reports, chatbots are helping businesses connect better with their employees, especially when trained with Natural Language Processing (NLP) and Machine Learning (ML).
Chatbots and AI for employee engagement
Every HR manager would like to engage their employees with business for improved productivity. But most lack a strategic and unified approach which results in broken communication among employees. However, industry leaders are confident about implementing chatbots for taking their employee engagement program to the next level.
Chatbots powered by AI are transforming workforce engagement & efficiency across organizations and businesses capitalizing on this future technology are dominating those that don’t have any.
Emails, apps, and intranet vs. chatbots for employees and enterprises
A challenge that both employees and the management team face in an enterprise is sharing information across demographics, departments, etc. This can be achieved through: emails, mobile apps, or intranet. While the first two are “push” media, the third option is a “pull” medium.
Enterprise heads often push or broadcast information through emails or mobile apps to their employees, however, they have no control on whether the intended information has reached the respective person and whether he or she has looked at it.
On the other hand, employees utilize the intranet to pull data related to business happenings, news, leaves or travel data, etc. but can’t interact with the respective person through the same channel.
The problem with accessing data by the first two methods, email and intranet, is that it is mundane for healthcare, manufacturing and logistics users as they will not be chained to their laptops or desktops.
Chatbots can create an ocean of difference in an enterprise as they help users access data without breaking a sweat. Above all, the future tool’s voice search facility makes the data search easier and presents requested data instantly to the user.
So, both employees and enterprise heads will be mutually benefited by this system.
Intensive HR processes that chatbots can transform
- Company policy accessibility
- Employee training
Other chatbot benefits for employees include
- Voice searching for any business-related information and get answers instantly
- Search, find and share data with anyone in the organization without breaking a sweat
- Connect and engage with other user(s) within the organization from anywhere and at anytime
From the above discussion, there’s no wonder why smart enterprise heads are moving to chatbots. Of course, they know AI-based chatbots are the future as they can transform employee engagement and business efficiency notably.
Are your employees engaged? Create an AI-powered smart workforce that delivers amazing productivity and performance. Interested? Let’s talk.