What is ADA Compliance for Websites?
The Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) became law in 1990, the first web access guidelines were added in 1999. The ADA is a civil rights law that prohibits discrimination against individuals with disabilities in all areas of public life, including jobs, schools, transportation, and all public and private places that are open to the general public.
- The latest US Census report says almost 57 million or 19% of the US population have a disability.
- By making your company’s website, mobile apps, and documents ADA compliant, you are now universally accessible to everyone and will be more visible to Google searches.
- There’s significant growth in ADA Title III lawsuits over websites. Violations based on non-conformance to the W3C, WCAG 2.0 standard, is the basis for these lawsuits.
- Non-compliance leaves a company exposed to hundreds of thousands of dollars in legal fees and penalties.
FREE ADA WEBSITE AUDIT
- Run baseline of current compliance health
- Comprehensive, page by page audit leveraging a variety of compliance tools
- SSB Bart Amp, Achecker, Wave, HTML Code sniffer, Jaws, Dragon Naturally, Zoom text
- List findings from automated and manual tests
- Build website fix plan
- Build a project roadmap
- Estimate effort
Test & Verify
- Validate code for ADA Section 508 and WCAG 2.0 Level AA Compliance
- Verify Accessibility status and Compliance rates
Why Impiger Compliance Services
- Impiger specializes in checking websites for ADA compliance requirements using WCAG 2.0 accessibility audits
- Expert web accessibility solutions based on WCAG 2.0 A, AA standards to avoid website accessibility lawsuits
- For over a decade Impiger has delivered over 500 web and mobile applications, on time and on budget
- World-Class web accessibility testing using Agile engineering processes
- Un-paralleled commitment to our customer and their business
- Our expertise and strategic approach can assure your website, applications and documents are accessible to people with disabilities